Elena's Diary Part 4

elena gilbert

 Elena Gilbert Diary

My alarm rang. It was exactly 6:00am.Wednesday,it happened to be my first lecture day in FUNAAB. I slept like a log that day. Am happy to see today, I did my quiet time and a short prayer before I headed to the kitchen to prepare toast bread and tea for my breakfast. The lecture is scheduled to hold 10:00am at jao 3 lecture theater. Jao 3 lecture hall is very big with capacity of 1000+,it's well equipped with good sound system, a projector, white and electronic board and well arrange seats. As I stepped into the lecture all, everyone were surprised, it look awkward to some as how can a white decide to come to an Africa school when America boost of the best colleges in the world. I'm flattered by their assessment, I thought in myself why do these guys look at themselves low. I believe we are all the same whether you are white or black and being a black doesn't mean you should look at yourself as inferior being. It's was like a picture - postcard when a girl at the front invited me to seat beside her, I was so happy because she has the courage to see me as a normal person  like her. A lot was going on at the back, I eavesdrop students saying stuff about me. Suddenly the lecturer storm in, he took the microphone and introduced himself :"I am professor Agboola, the dean of college of biological sciences (colbios) and am here to take the BIO 103 Introductory physiology... As he was speaking he saw me, he paused and called my out. He said who are you? What are you doing here? The class bursted into laughter. Can you kindly introduce yourself? He gave me the microphone, I went straight away to the podium to introduce myself, Diary, am yet to state my reason for coming to Nigeria to study but today am gonna reveal the reasons why I choose Nigeria and FUNAAB. I began my speech "Good morning ladies and gentlemen, my name is Elena Gilbert from Arkansas in united state of America, am 18yrs old. Am the second  daughter of Gilbert's family. Fellow funaabite am here in Nigeria for a purpose. My descendants came from Bulgaria but our fore fathers migrated to America in early 90s in search of better life. While I was in America I like reading history on the web. One day I stumbled on a page titled How Europe Underdeveloped Africa, the story really touched me. I discovered that media Portray Africa has a dark continent and that Africans suffered  a lot. I thought in myself, is there no good thing about Africa. I asked myself "why isn't Africa telling their own story" a saying says until the lion their their own story the tales of hunting will continue to glorify the hunter. Africans need to tell us their own version of their story. I call dad and told him that I have interest in Africa. I wanna study in the most populous black nation. I wanna feel what been an African mean. He agreed with me and said he is ready to give me full back up. My dream is to study Nutritional Sciences and from my research online I discovered that FUNAAB has the best nutrition program in Nigeria. Ladies and gentlemen, I'm here to feel Africa, to see the good and better side of  Africa. Am Elena Gilbert am not a vampire. The whole glass gave me a standing ovation with sound claps. I was thrilled, I hand over the mic to the professor. He was happy to hear my speech "he said young lady go and have your seat, thanks for coming to Africa, Land of honey and milk". Then the prof began the lecture for the day "metabolites are......". After the glass, I received a lot of salutations, they all assure me that am going to enjoy Africa. Suddenly I heard a voice coming from the back, a voice whispering my name, It must be a ghost voice I guess, the whole class remain in silence, what voice is that, are there vampires in Nigeria?. To be continued. 
previous episode: elena gilbert diary 3


Comments

  1. nice speech!...the aspect of vampires in Nigeria "lol" dont think they exist in this part of the world tho...anticipating the next post (part 5).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol...I like your comment precious,the part five is already out :http://www.fleekersblog.com/2017/01/elena-gilbert-diary.html .Having vampires in Nigeria is really interesting. Coming episodes/part will shed more light on that.
      Thanks

      Delete

Post a Comment

It good to have you around. Your feedback really matter as we are here because of you. To make things easier,you can comment as an anonymous. Thanks

Popular posts from this blog

TO ALL DREAMERS OUT THERE

William Shakespeare Quotes